Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel
Came months ago Annemiek Already with this great idea for this vegan Chocolate Mousse with salted caramel, but she wanted to save it for the Decemberkalendar. With this then this super delicious recipe that is another 100% vegan and makes every chocolate mousse lover happy. These cakes with a Floral Fig bottom are guaranteed to be a hit with whoever you serve it to. Are you going to try to make this too?
- 60 grams of vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 120 grams of grit from Naturally Granola Floral Fig (order here)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 100 grams of light soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 400 grams of chickpeas
- 35 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- Maldon Flakes
- Melt 60 grams of vegan butter and mix with 120 grams of Naturally Granola Floral Fig Gruis and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Divide this and press into small moulds for the cakes. Leave to cool in the fridge.
- For the salted caramel: Add 100 grams of light caster sugar, 2 tablespoons of oat milk and 2 tablespoons of vegan butter to a pan and stir well. Heat on a medium high heat and wait until it starts to boil. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and half a teaspoon salt. Stir well again and pour into a flat bowl.
- Add a layer of water to the caramel pan and heat over low heat. This is the basis of the au bain marie, which dissolves the caramel making it easier to clean later on.
- Grab a mixing bowl big enough to put on top of your caramel pan without it touching the water. This is the top of the au bain marie.
- Sieve a large can (400 grams) of chickpeas, but catch the moisture. That's the part we need. Weigh it into your mixing bowl (it will be about 150 grams) and add an equal amount of chopped dark chocolate and about 35 grams of sugar. Heat it au bain marie until the chocolate has melted.
- Beat the chocolate mousse wrong with a mixer or even better: A standing mixer. It can take 5-10 minutes, but don't walk away. As soon as it starts to get harder, it goes very fast.
- While the chocolate mousse is beating, take the cake moulds out of the fridge and add a thin layer of caramel. Then add a thick layer of chocolate mousse and finish off with some Maldon Flakes.